Friday, May 25, 2012

Doors Open Toronto May 26-27 2012


     I've got this weekend off so that means I'm going to do something I've wanted to for the last few years, but never got around to getting to it. As some of my readers from Ontario know (or don't) this weekend is Doors Open Toronto. For those of you who do not know what this event is I will tell you. Over 150 buildings that are generally locked to the public will open their doors for the weekend to allow people inside. This years theme I believe is celebrating architecture and photography, plus it is also the 200 year anniversary of the War of 1812. This is a very popular event in the city and one of the more interesting one's to partake in. I will be jumping around as many locations as possible on Saturday, so it will be a busy and probably tiring day but I hopefully will get some great shots of some of Toronto's best architecture. For more info on the event go to THIS website.

These are the buildings I plan on visiting: (Most of these places have permitted Photography, filming is a different story always check the site before going to a building)

To be realistic I may only get to a few buildings but I will put the ones I am interested in. I will be walking to most of these places so I have to account for time and a bunch of other factors. Plus there maybe lines for some of these buildings which may interfere with my time table.


401 Richmond Street West
401 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5V 3A8
Opens at 10am Sat and Sun


Bloor Hot Docs Cinema (Maybe)
506 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S 1Y3
Opens 10am Sat and Sun

Canada Life
330 University Ave, Toronto, ON M5G 1R8
Open 10am Sat and Sun

Design Exchange
234 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5K 1B2
Opens 10am Sat and Sun

Gardiner Museum
111 Queens Park , Toronto, ON M5S 2C7
Open 10am Sat and Sun

Hotel Victoria
56 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5E 1G5
Open 10am Sat and Sun

Japan Foundation, Toronto
131 Bloor St W Unit: 213 Floor : 2, Toronto, ONM5S 1R1
Open 10am Sat and Sun

John St. Roundhouse - Steam Whistle Brewing
255 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3M9
Open 10am Sat and Sun

Molson Canadian Amphitheatre (I've spent a lot of time around this place but never actually been inside, we had our boat docked right in the vicinity. I probably will not get to it but its on the list anyway.)
909 Lakeshore Blvd W, Toronto, ON M6K 3L3
Open 10am Sat and Sun

Mountain Equipment Co-op
400 King Street West , Toronto, ON M5V 1K2
Open 10am Sat and 11am Sun

National Film Board Mediatheque
150 John St, Toronto, ON M5V 3C3
Open 10am Sat and Sun

Revue Cinema (Maybe)
400 Roncesvalles Ave, Toronto, ON M6R 2M9
Open 10am Sat and Sun

This is it for now, if I decide to go into a few buildings that are close together I may go to them but I can't say for sure. Watch out for these pictures going up staring Sunday and throughout the following week. You will be able to find them on my Flickr page accessed through my main blog page or search KajiKingStarzky in Flickr and eventually I will create a post here with the best pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment