Saturday, July 31, 2010

Assault Girls Blu Ray Special Edition Review


So finally I get to watch this awesome movie as I've had it on order for almost two months. I can summarize this movie in one word, that word would be beautiful. Now this is a Japanese movie but with the actors speaking mostly English with some Japanese dialogue. For some this could be a set back but for me it wasn't half bad. Now on with the review, Follow me.

What I get from this movie is that there are four people in this "game world" and they hunt these sand whales for points like a RPG. That's pretty much it for the plot, even though the plot (if you can call it that) is not existent the movie is still enjoyable for many other reason's. The characters are almost as shallow as the plot but what one gets from them is that they do not want to join up to defeat this mega sand whale. The female leads are quite awesome to watch when they let loose on giant whale. The one male lead is the most pathetic one of the bunch but he has his moments and they are quite good (and comical) when they come around.

The movie itself was quite beautiful and stunning that one gets lost in how desolate the landscape of this alternate world is. The whole movie was shot in this desolate setting which was cool to watch but the characters and costumes added a depth and beauty to make this movie worth a watch.

The audio in this movie is okay, ambient noise through the wasteland is cool and a few of the bigger battles have cool set pieces and decent rock scores.I felt that there could have been more done with the soundtrack but I was still satisfied with what I heard.

Being the special edition there are some cool features like a long making of documentary that is not subtitled but its worth a watch to see how they developed this movie. Deleted scenes, picture galleries, and commentaries are abound in this edition of the movie. There is a character book and a book of movie stills outlining the storyboards of the movie.

Overall, I thought this movie was pretty good despite its many flaws and character problems. Even though I spent a lot of money on this import I am still satisfied with my awesome blu ray.

Movie 2.5/5
Visual 5/5
Audio 3/5
Extra's 5/5
Overall 3.8/5

No comments:

Post a Comment