Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Upcoming Game Reviews: A preview of whats to come


    All right folks so I thought that I would post a preview of what games I will be for sure playing and reviewing in the not to distant future, you can always look out for the review a couple of days to a week after the game launches. Now there will be a few factors that will halt a review or put it off for a while: these are University related as I am a student and I have a lot of school stuff to attend to and the other is delivery speed as a few of these games are to be delivered to my house I must account for late delivery. Other the that if I do play something not on this list then I may have a review on it, though that has yet to be seen as no other games really appeal to me right now. Anyway without further adieu lets get this show on the road.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Releases: Sept 11/12 Review: Will go live 15-16
    Fighting games have been a mainstay for the last couple of years and while I think after this year will start to see them trail off like they did in the late 90's we are at least presented with what is sure to be one of the best offering this genre has. 50+ characters (with more on the way apparently) a ton of customization and game modes this is by far one of the biggest offerings a fighting games has launched with. This is one I can tell you for sure I will keep playing for a long time (seeing as I put so much time into the prologue version already).

Dead or Alive 5: Releases: Sept 25/12 Review: Will go live 29-30
  While DOA isn't as big of a package as TTT2 it is still one of the best series on current generation consoles. It always looks good and controls are super tight and smooth. While the roster isn't as big as some other fighters they still have just as much depth and following as many of the other games most memorable pugilists. Though it will be interesting to see how good it is since the head boss is gone, I am sure it will be just as good as the others. One can only hope right.

Resident Evil 6: Releases: Oct 2/12 Review: 6-7
  While fan boys complain on how this series has changed drastically one can also say that the game remains fun and enjoyable each iteration. This is one that is thrice as big as any that came before it, and while I myself would have like to see some Claire Redfield action I am positive that this game will still be as great as I have heard it will be.

Mugen Souls: Releases : Oct 16/12 Review: Following weekend
 To be honest this was a blind purchase for me, I say this because up till a few weeks ago I had no idea this was a game let alone one from my favourite company for SRPG NIS. Which if you don't know makes the Disgaea games which are my favourite tactical rpgs ever. I even preordered the 100$ special edition cause I love their artbooks/OST and extras that usually come with the games. I'm sure this will eat away a lot of my free time but I am okay with that as long as everything else falls into place.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: Releases: Nov 13/12 Review: Following Weekend
  This ones a gimme, comes out every year and I review it every year simple as that. The more things change the more they stay the same. Either way I will get my moneys worth out of this title.

   Now there will probably be some downtime between a few of these games which may or may not mean I will play other releases. When I have my full class schedule and I know when assignments are due then I will create a final build or plan and that will be what happens on those vacant days. For now however this is pretty much how game reviews will run on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment