Sunday, January 9, 2011

Some Thoughts on Minecraft

At first I was going to do a review of the sandbox builder, but then I thought to myself that would not do this game any justice because it is so grandiose in size that I would have to play for a few more weeks to truely appreciate this game. So I will in turn share some thoughts on the game.

Okay, so I started playing this game last Thursday (time of purchase) for $14 which for this type of game is well worth the money spent trust me. When you start especially if you have not watched or read any tutorials which I highly recommend you WILL be lost and that's not necessarily a bad thing. In a age where life like graphics tend to be the main focus of many video games this one in particular is refreshing. I'm not just saying that because I love pixel art (okay maybe I am) but when you start harvesting resources you will understand why this could only be done with this graphic style. The amount of depth in this game is just mind blowing from blocks that adhere to gravity and free flowing water/lava make this game super enjoyable for me. Now I decided that I wanted to build a base of operations before I would start exploring, so I did. I took up a relatively large landmass and even colonized another island (making a bridge between my base and outpost) all the while fighting off brain hungry zombies and arrow flinging skeletons. So last night I decided to go on a journey, a journey that would end with me dead and all the awesome stuff I collected forever gone (but I wasn't mad mind you I was hungry), I needed to cement myself on my Island and make sure I knew where I was going at all times (lest I be stuck on land at night waiting for something to kill me). Anyway my experience in the game has been great and since its still in beta I can't wait for more stuff to be release into the gaming world and I encourage everyone to go pick this indie game up and give it a chance you may love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment